Renaissance Homesteader and Proclaimed Plant Geek, Sheri Ann Richerson can tell you everything there is to know about organic gardening, being self-sufficient and raising tropical plants from seed in a temperate environment.
Sheri Ann Richerson is a leading pioneer in the self-sufficiency movement. For the past 19 years she has been living, teaching, and promoting organic gardening, natural health and self-sufficiency through all forms of media. Her career includes years as a nationally acclaimed best-selling author, radio host and guest on a variety of shows – showcasing her expertise on homesteading and gardening. Additionally, Ms. Richerson is a speaker, columnist, a blogger, blogger and freelance writer for hundreds of websites, magazines and newspapers.
Ms. Richerson has been featured in The New York Times, Woman’s World Magazine and Ladies’ Home Journal. Her by-lined articles can be found at idiotsguides.com, Learn2Grow.com, Suite101.com, SFGate.com, eHow.com, GardenGuides.com and dozens of other sites.
Ms. Richerson has contributed to a wide range of anthologies as well. Her writing credits include contributions to “Our Food Heritage, Past, Present, Future, Baking Bread Together, Helps to Keep the Family Together” – 2007; “Llewellyn Herbal Almanac” – 2006, 2005 and 2003; “Llewellyn Magical Almanac” – 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003; “All Things Chocolate” – 2005; “Llewellyn Witches Spell-A-Day” – 2003; “Llewellyn Moon Sign Book” – 2002.
Ms. Richerson’s best-selling books include:
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Year-Round Gardening a #1 best seller.
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Seed Saving & Starting a #1 best seller.
- Flower Gardening: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #1 best seller.
- Growing Plants In What You Have a #1 best seller.
- 101 Self-Sufficiency Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- 101 Secret Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- The Allure Of Chocolate a #1 best seller.
- Growing And Harvesting Edible Plants: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #1 best seller.
- An Herbal Meal For The One You Love a #1 best seller.
- Houseplants, Cacti And Tropical Plants: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #1 best seller.
- Herbs For Rock Gardens & Ground Covers a #1 best seller.
- Magical Gardens a #1 best seller.
- Herbal Hydroponics a #1 best seller.
- Medicinal Astrology a #1 best seller
- Wishing Herbs a #1 best seller.
- 101 Organic Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- Scented Gardens: A Collection Of Articles a #1 best-seller.
- 101 English Garden Tips a #1 best seller.
- From Seed To Harvest a #1 best seller.
- 101 Beginning Gardening Tips a #1 best seller.
- Fire Magic a #1 best seller.
- Legend Of Fire a #2 best seller.
- Healing Properties Of Water a #2 best seller.
- The Monkey Man Of India: A Figment Of Imagination Or A Fact? a #2 best seller.
- Ghosts Of Key West a #2 best seller.
- Natural Health And Wellness: A Collection Of Articles By Sheri Ann Richerson a #3 best seller.
- Wedding Superstitions a #4 best seller.
- Urban Legends a #14 best seller.
- Fairy Dance a #15 best seller.
- Jervacia’s Last Stand a #19 best seller.
- Darkness a #28 best seller.
- Dark Abyss a #34 best seller.
- Welcome To Your Nightmare a #49 best seller.
Her farm, Exotic Gardening Farms, is a certified wildlife habitat. She is a Global Warming Ambassador for the National Wildlife Federation and a Region III Representative for the Plant-A-Row for the Hungry program.
Her diverse range of writing and speaking has included an eclectic mix of articles on current events, herbs, aromatherapy, tropical plants as well as various pieces on Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Ms. Richerson has given numerous talks on a wide variety of subjects including chocolate, night blooming plants, seed starting, herbs and global warming. Her specialty topic is Theobroma cacao commonly known as chocolate. Ms. Richerson attended Ball State University and Huntington University, where she majored in communications and minored in theatrical arts. Sheri lives in Marion, Indiana. For more information, please visit her writing website at SheriAnnRicherson.com, her gardening and homesteading website at experimentalhomesteader.com or subscribe to the Experimental Homesteader podcasts on iTunes.
Feel free to contact me at SheriAnnRicherson@exoticgardening.com
A Word From Tom Ogren:
When my good friend and fellow garden writer, Sheri Richerson, asked me if I’d help her put together a new bio, I said I would be delighted to do so.
Sheri’s got a seriously interesting bio too. See what you think.
Tom Ogren (author of Allergy-free Gardening, Ten Speed Press)
Not long after publishing her first poem back in 1981, Sheri Richerson started writing for newspapers. She gained valuable new journalism skills by attending numerous workshops at Ball State University.
By the 1990’s she plunged headfirst into a freelance writing career.
Sheri now works with an eclectic mix of clients such as Garden Solutions Magazine, Llewellyn, Beyond Infinity, Suite101.com, Growing Edge, Florida Gardening, Biker Alley, Bella Online and others to create edgy articles for the competitive business world.
From writing to editing, she is able to offer a breadth of skills combined with a depth of expertise in a wide variety of subjects.
Sheri has a well-deserved reputation for delivering quality work, on time and on budget, ensuring that projects remain on schedule. She is a hard working, bright, very motivated self-starter, but she also works comfortably in team environments.
Some of Sheri’s many recent projects include:
Landscape design consultation.
Writing and editing for periodicals.
Writing e-books on specialized subjects.
Designing and editing web sites using html
Investigative journalism and feature writing
Writing, editing and designing electronic magazines
Besides being experienced in editing and writing, Sheri also does considerable public speaking, and her well-received talks are lively, fun, and always informative.
A lifetime member of the International Thespian Society, Sheri is also a longtime member of the Garden Writers Association of America and the American Horticultural Society. She also belongs to the Grant County Evening Gardening Club where she served two terms as First Vice-President, Creative Hands, Morning Gardening Club where she served one term as President, Tropical Flowering Tree Society, American Orchid Society, Azalea Society of America, Sino-Himalayan Plant Society and the North American Rock Garden Society. Sheri is a Silver Level Advanced Master Gardener and is also a member of the Investigative Reporters and Editors.
If all this weren’t enough (!) Sheri Ann Richerson is also the GWA Region III Representative for the marvelous Plant-A-Row for the Hungry Program.
Although well versed in most aspects of gardening, Sheri specializes in herb gardening and tropical, sub-tropical and exotic plants.
Her favorite pastimes are riding her motorcycle, visiting arboretums, traveling, reading, writing, horseback riding, designing and improving websites, and especially– working in her greenhouse and huge garden.
|Sheri’s Internet Presence|
|Sheri Ann Richerson||#homesteadchat|
|Experimental Homesteader Blog||https://experimentalhomesteader.com|
|Monthly Page Views||8,710|
|Experimental Homesteader Fan Page||8.097|
|Demographics – YouTube||64.7% Male|
|1.90% Between 13 and 17|
|10.2% Between 18 and 24|
|30% Between 25 and 34|
|24.70% Between 35 and 44|
|16.60% Between 45 and 54|
|10.10% Between 55 and 64|
|6.5% Over 65|
|Demographics – https://experimentalhomesteader.com||27.2% Male|
|9.10% Between 18 and 24|
|21.42% Between 25 and 34|
|24.20% Between 35 and 44|
|19.09% Between 45 and 54|
|18.53% Between 55 and 64|
|7.66% Over 65|
|Demographics – https://www.exoticgardening.com||100% Male|
|% Between 18 and 24|
|% Between 25 and 34|
|% Between 35 and 44|
|% Between 45 and 54|
|% Between 55 and 64|
|% Over 65|
|Brand Products (small sampling)||TNT Summer Shows|
|LG Easy Clean Oven|